If you have any kind of battery-operated gadget in your home, then you know the eternal question, “Do we have batteries?” In most households today, there is more than one object that will need a battery or two. Everything from toothbrushes to children’s toy trains needs a battery to be functional.
How do you stop the question of having enough batteries? Simple. Stock up and keep a back up battery on hand. However, it’s not always that easy. First of all, batteries are expensive. A package of AA batteries can run upwards of $7 a pack, and that will likely only last you through one round with a toy.
Batteries are expensive, but there is hope. You can find coupons for batteries to help you stock up at the best prices. Here’s some ideas of where you can go for battery coupons.
- Websites. You can do all of your internet searching through websites that offer reward points. Those points can then be redeemed for things you need, such as batteries. A great site to check out, both for the rewards and the rewards points, is RewardIt.
- Local ads. Many local grocery stores will have special advertisements each week based on the store’s demographic. You can also ask the store manager for a time when batteries will be on sale. As soon as you see the sale, go and purchase as many as you can, in a variety of sizes.
- Email lists. Go to the specific battery manufacturer websites and sign up to be on email lists. Then, you will be emailed coupons on a regular basis that can be redeemed in your local stores. For example, if you like Energizer batteries, head to its website and sign up to receive emails.
Energizer AA alkaline batteries 1.5V (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
How to Make Batteries Last
Batteries are expensive and while coupons can help offset the expense, there are some things you can do to make batteries last longer.
- Turn toys off when the kids aren’t playing with them. Sometimes, kids just run off and play with something else, leaving the battery-operated toy running.
- Take batteries out. If you have a gadget that uses batteries, such as a remote control for a gaming system, take the batteries out when not in use. Even inside the remote control the batteries are using up power when not being used.
- Change out often. This might seem opposite of what you need, but if you change the batteries often you always know the batteries are fresh. You won’t have to worry if the battery will die in the middle of your game or project.
Find some good deals on batteries, including coupons, and stock up. After all, you can never have enough batteries.