Babies are such a blessing in life. It’s so wonderful to cuddle them, care for them and watch them grow. However much we love these little bundle of joys, they sure are expensive! There’s food, clothing, toys and diapers, just to name a few. Plus, as the babies grow older, those material needs only increase, which means our bank accounts get emptier as our children get bigger.
Fortunately there are ways to save on baby and toddler items. You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg in order to take the best possible care of your child. From clothing swaps to coupons, there are many options available to save money.
How Can I Save?
Babies are expensive, there’s no doubt about it. However, you can save on those things that you need everyday, like diapers and formula.
- Look in the Sunday papers. You’ll find all kinds of different coupons in the Sunday paper to help you keep expenses down. The key is to make sure you are subscribing to your local newspaper, so you are getting the deals and coupons for your area.
- Go online. There are websites that can help you find the best deals and coupons available. Many women make running these coupon/deal websites their full-time jobs, so you will find a lot of information. Check out CouponDivas and KrazyKouponLady for starters.
- Search the Web. There are also website that will reward you to use their search engine. All you have to do is do your internet search (for those things you would search for anyway) in their search engine and you are awarded points. Those points can be redeemed for gift cards, which can be used to buy baby needs. Try RewardIt to see how a reward site works.
- Do a clothing swap. Are there other moms in your neighborhood? Get together with mom in your neighborhood and city and swap clothing. For example, if you have a 2-year old and your neighbor has a newborn, you each might have clothing items you could trade that will fit your children. Kids grow out of clothes so fast that many of these clothing items will actually be almost new.
- Watch for sales. End-of-year sales at many popular children’s clothing stores can actually offer you a huge savings. The key here is to think ahead a year. So, if you have a 12-month old baby now and you’ve just found a winter clearance sale, think how old your baby will be by the time winter comes around again.
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
There’s no need to fear the expense and cost that children will have. You can be wise and take advantage of coupons, sales and clothing swaps to help you make your dollar go further. Children are a wonderful blessing in life. Sit back and enjoy the ride.